Surf Re-Evolution 2019- Baby Stepping It Back
With our shop move back in 2017, so came the temporary end to Surf Re-Evolution as we knew it. Our new location, while awesome and in close proximity to the beach, just wouldn't allow us to continue to hold the event in the way we'd grown accustomed.
But we've missed seeing friends and the sharing of ideas, and we've longed for the energy that came from a gathering of some truly inspirational people. So this year, with a little help from the Town of York and our friends at York Beach Beer Company, we're bringing it back. A little smaller, a different kind of venue, but with all of the heart, soul and community as before.
Mark your calendar for Friday night Sept 20th and Saturday September 21st. Here's the quick rundown of events:
- Friday Night- Kick off party and hang time at York Beach Beer Company including live music with Second Harvest (Jon Wegener and Sean Tully).
- Saturday 9am- 12pm- Beach Demo at Long Sands- All shapers and collectors are welcome to bring boards to share. The more the merrier.
- Saturday 1pm- 5pm- Artists, makers, food trucks and shapers gather in the Ball field at Short Sands for an afternoon of hands-on activities and fun.
- Saturday 6pm- 8:30pm- Live music at YBBC with Kioea (Jonathan Blakesley, a Surf Re-Ev staple). Food vendors, beer and more.
- Saturday 8:30pm- Surf Film in the parking lot at YBBC.
This is a free event for attendees, and all are welcome. We'll be adding a list of particpants as we confirm people. We look forward to seeing you there!